Saturday, 16th June 2018
Do you know or work with a child who finds everyday tasks a challenge? Are they easily distracted by sights, sounds and touch? Do they have trouble sitting still? Is this affecting participation in play and learning? Do they find it hard to stay calm and regulate their emotions?
This course will help you to understand why and how sensory processing differences affect a child’s participation, learning and behaviour. You will be given an overview of sensory processing theory and behavioural indicators which may suggest sensory processing differences.
· To understand the theory of sensory processing
· An overview of how sensory processing difficulties can affect behaviour and learning
· Strategies to support a child with sensory processing difficulties
By the end of the course you will:
· Understand the terminology used in describing sensory processing
· Be able to identify behaviours which may indicate sensory processing difficulties
· Understand how sensory processing difficulties can affect a child’s learning and engagement
· Be able to identify strategies to support a child with sensory processing difficulties
Saturday, June 16th 2018
Bookings close: June 15th 2018