Friday, 23rd March 2018
– Doors open at 9:00am
Lincoln Carlton Academy
This course is for those responsible for managing educational visits in schools and other educational settings. EVC training is a nationally recognised and accredited course following a syllabus developed by the Outdoor Education Advisers Panel (OEAP). It provides participants with confidence, knowledge and understanding in planning and managing educational visits and activities, and making decisions on leader competence, risk management and other educational visit issues.
This course can also cover the CfBT Schools Trust specific policies and procedures for educational visits and adventurous activities, and any electronic visit approval systems that are used.
EVC Support/Administrators are also welcome to attend and will find the training useful.
· Understanding the purpose and value of Outdoor Learning and educational visits.
· Roles and responsibilities
· Good practice on educational visits.
· Planning for visits and activities.
· Parental Consent, Medical information and First Aid requirements for visits.
· Managing risk through risk/benefit analysis.
· Equal opportunities and inclusion.
· Competence, supervision and leadership skills.
· Oasis Community Learning, guidance and visit approvals.
Friday, March 23rd 2018
Doors open: 9:00am
Bookings close: March 22nd 2018
The school is situated on Carlton Boulevard however access to the car park is via Reed Drive - LN2 4FZ
Parking is limited at the school, however there is sufficient on street parking near to the school where you can park.
Please report to the school reception on arrival.