Tuesday, 18th September 2018 at 10:00am – Doors open at 9:15am
This one day practical workshop is for teachers who wish to extend their knowledge and practice of physical theatre and devising techniques with young people (Main Stage 3 and Further Stages).
To equip teachers with the means to empower their students to be better at making theatre from a physical starting point and exploring devising techniques and collaborative theatre.
To identify a range of practical techniques and strategies to:
● promote physical confidence and encourage participants to look beyond self-perceived limitations within a fun, energetic and safe environment
● Instruct students on various devising processes when working collaboratively to produce a multi-disciplined performance
● Addressing key skills required for students to enhance their abilities in the area of performance, movement, directing and critical analysis
Frantic Assembly workshops are active explorations of the company’s method, which is about empowering people to be better at making theatre from a physical starting point. They are designed to promote physical confidence and encourage participants to look beyond self-perceived limitations.
● No experience is necessary
● Please wear loose and comfortable clothing and trainers suitable for exercise. No jeans, jewellery or short skirts
● Stagecoach must be informed of any special needs or medical requirements in advance
Tuesday, September 18th 2018
Doors open: 9:15am
Bookings close: September 19th 2018