Saturday October 20th 2018
– Doors open at 1:45pm
Train Heald Green
Saturday, October 20th 2018
Doors open: 1:45pm
Ends: Saturday, October 20th 2018 at 5:00pm
Bookings close: October 20th 2018
Learn techniques and drills that will help you kick up with control and style, and hold a good straight handstand away from the wall. The techniques and skills are those used by professional hand balancers and circus artists. In the world of handbalancing the circus style is seen as the purest form of the handstand.
The 3 hour workshop will focus on the following:
1. Alignment and awareness of where your body parts should be
2. Muscle recruitment and how to control your legs.
3. Correct technique for kicking in to handstand.
4. Attention to detail focusng on hand positioning.
5. Flexibility and mobility.
6. Straddles, pike and tuck handstand variations.
7. Working towards one arm handstand.
8. Conditioning the body for handstand.
The class is for suitable for beginners upwards. For those less confident in inversions the exercises can be scaled (i.e. headstand , crow positions).