Improve your beer tasting and description skills to fill in tasting cards
Saturday May 18th 2019
– Doors open at 11:45am
White Rock Hotel, Hastings
The purpose of the training is to give you (or improve your) skills and confidence to assess beer objectively. It is aimed at people who wish to join a CAMRA Tasting Panel but is useful for brewery liaison officers and anyone who would like to know more about beer.
After the course you can then join a CAMRA Tasting Panel and:
• Contribute to writing the beer descriptions in CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide
• Contribute to the decision as to which beers go forward to CAMRA’s Champion Beer of Britain Competition
• Improve your ability to assess a beer
At the end of the training you can decide to join a panel by completing 12 tasting cards over 12 weeks and gain a Certificate of Competence, independently accredited by People 1st, who are part of the Hospitality Guild.
The course is conducted by Master Trainer, Christine Cryne and lasts 5.5 hours
By the end of this session you will be able to:
• Identify the four basic flavours
• State the four key ingredients in beer
• With the help of notes, identify some of the more off usual flavours in beer and where they can come from
• With the use of CAMRA's beer style sheets, identify different beer styles
• Demonstrate this knowledge, by filling in CAMRA’s tasting cards including producing descriptions suitable for CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide.
To CAMRA’s guidelines
Saturday, May 18th 2019
Doors open: 11:45am
Ends: Saturday, May 18th 2019 at 5:30pm
Bookings close: May 19th 2019
Hastings Station is a 0.6 mile walk to the Hotel.