Saturday, 4th May 2019
– Doors open at 7:00pm
The Monkey House
2020, war torn Greece. A young woman is married off as a spoil of war; who husband also possesses her younger sister. A web of lies is constructed to uphold one man’s duplicitous desires.
Timberlake Wertenbaker’s feminist reworking of the Ancient Greek legend of the ‘Rape of Philomela’ explores the notion of a flawed hero, leaving the audience questioning at all times, who is the hero and who is the villain. A story of two women silenced for not fitting a traditional female role.
Saturday, May 4th 2019
Doors open: 7:00pm
Bookings close: May 4th 2019
The Monkey House is located within easy walking distance of numerous tube stations, accessed by the Northern, Piccadilly and Victoria Lines:
• Finsbury Park (Piccadilly & Victoria Line) 9 minute walk
• Archway tube (Northern Line) 21 minute walk
• Arsenal tube (Piccadilly Line) 16 minute walk
• Holloway Road tube (Piccadilly Line) 13 minute walk
• Upper Holloway (Overground) 21 minute walk
• Drayton Park (Overground) 17 minute walk
The venue is also accessible via a number of local bus routes including the numbers 4, 17, 29, 43, 91, 253, 254, 259, 263 & 271.
Please note there is very limited road side parking, which is usually paid. It is advised to travel by public transport.