Tuesday January 21st – Thursday March 19th 2020
Priory Pembroke Academy
This programme consists of 3 ½ day sessions that will support the development of reading within your school.
Session 1: Understanding and using EEF Literacy Guidance - 21st January 2020
- Unpacking the key messages behind the guidance.
- The EEF research will be explored and this will unveil the ‘bare bones’ of the essential principles of teaching reading in order to inform best practice for teaching reading.
Session 2: Structuring reading lessons effectively - 6th February 2020
- A presentation of a variety of styles, structures and methods of teaching reading, answering the question: How do you teach guided reading?
- With a multitude of possibilities, we aim to explain that reading can be taught creatively in response to learning needs and text.
Session 3: Reading assessment strategies - 19th March 2020
- Informed by experience of statutory assessment procedures and evaluation of reading assessment, this session will be partly informative and partly workshop.
- An opportunity for teachers to reflect and develop their own reading assessment processes.
Time: 1pm to 4pm
Location: Kyra training centre, Cherry Willingham, Lincoln
Cost: £225 or 6 Kyra credits
Member and Non Member Schools: Payment can be made by credit/debit card or by invoice at the time of booking.
To receive an invoice please use discount code KYRAINVOICE at time of booking and provide a Purchase Order number to firstname.lastname@example.org
To pay with your school's Kyra credits please us discount code KYRACREDITS at time of booking.
For any queries please contact email@example.com or 01522 287020
Tuesday, January 21st 2020
Ends: Thursday, March 19th 2020 at 4:00pm
Bookings close: January 21st 2020
There is on site car parking, when entering the main car park please continue to the left of the sports hall (directly ahead of the car park entrance) “follow the red customer parking sign” and park in the car park behind this building. Please do not park in the bus lane.
To register please come to the Kyra Office which is situated by going back through the main car park, as you approach the school it is the building to the far right, nearest the road, and the gate has signage for the Kyra Teaching School.
If you have problems locating the office please contact us on 01522 287020, please do not go to the school reception as there is no access there.