Saturday, 18th January 2020
– Doors open at 9:15am
Understanding communication and language differences and practical strategies to support these – suitable for parents who have children with autism and other communication needs
· Communication and language – understanding the difference.
· Typical development – understanding typical development of communication and language.
· Differences in autism and the impact on communication – understanding how differences impact on communication.
· Behaviour is communication – exploring what behaviours may communicate.
· Let’s play together – following your child’s interests and keeping interactions fun!
· A bucket full of fun – strategies to maintain interest and generate opportunities for interaction.
· Use of visuals to support communication – understanding types of visuals and the use of alternative augmentative communication (AAC) that can be used to facilitate communication and language.
· Partner strategies – monitoring our own communication and how we can adapt it to support children with communication and language difficulties.
By the end of this course you will:
Course delivered by: specialist speech and language therapist
Course duration is 3.5 hours
Saturday, January 18th 2020
Doors open: 9:15am
Bookings close: January 17th 2020