Opportunity to learn about CAMRA's new beer styles and use the new tasting card
Saturday February 29th 2020
– Doors open at 11:45am
The purpose of the training is to give you (or improve your) skills and confidence to assess beer objectively and learn about CAMRA's new beer styles and use CAMRA's new tasting card. And you can then:
Join a CAMRA Tasting Panel and
• Contribute to writing the beer descriptions in CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide
• Contribute to the decision as to which beers go forward to CAMRA’s Champion Beer of Britain Competition
• If in London, join the Panel on its visits to London breweries
At the end of the training you can decide to join a panel by completing 12 tasting cards over 12 weeks and gain a Certificate of Competence, independently accredited by People 1st, who are part of the Hospitality Guild.
The course is conducted by Master Trainer, Christine Cryne and lasts 5.5 hours
By the end of this session you will be able to:
• Identify the four basic flavours
• State the four key ingredients in beer
• With the help of notes, identify some of the more off usual flavours in beer and where they can come from
• With the use of CAMRA's beer style sheets, identify different beer styles
• Demonstrate this knowledge, by filling in CAMRA’s tasting cards including producing descriptions suitable for CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide.
To CAMRA’s guidelines
Saturday, February 29th 2020
Doors open: 11:45am
Ends: Saturday, February 29th 2020 at 5:30pm
Bookings close: February 28th 2020
The nearest tube is Colliers Wood. Please allow 10-15 minutes to walk to the brewery.