Our English CPD meetings are led by Dr Jeannie Bulman, a highly respected literacy teaching and education consultant.
Friday, 1st May 2020
– Doors open at 12:30pm
Connect Teaching School Alliance
We have many opportunities across the year to moderate writing in a range of contexts - both within school and across schools. However, do we also moderate reading in the same way?
The aim of these workshops is to provide an opportunity for teachers from specific year groups to consider their evidence for the teacher assessment of reading. Reading can be a complex area to evidence for assessment, and as such moderation can be a difficult process. In these workshops teachers will be supported to:
- consider the criteria for assessment for age related expectations of each year group
- identify appropriate evidence to support assessment judgements
- validate assessment judgements
- identify gaps in evidence and/or attainment and consider strategies and resources to address these
- consider the demands of the statutory reading tests (end of Key Stage) and identify strategies to support children's success in these tests.
English CPD training days are £45 to members of Connect TS Alliance. Non-members £50.00 + vat
Friday, May 1st 2020
Doors open: 12:30pm
Bookings close: May 1st 2020
© 2020 LIVE IT Group Ltd, Registered in England, number 08432364 at 3 Enterprise Centre, TN11 8BG
LIVE IT is a technology partner providing ticket fulfilment services and is not an agent for this event or affiliated with its organizers in any way.