Friday, 4th December 2020
Manor Farm Academy
Effective Strategies & Intervention in SEMH is a 5 session training programme, which focuses on four core components of SEMH within education, incorporating a gap task and final evaluation session. Aimed specifically at TA’s and 1:1 Teaching Assistants, enhancing their ability to support challenging pupils to fully meet their needs.
Richard Bell: Specialist Education Support Network provide nurturing education and wellbeing provisions for young people with SEMH alongside Outreach Services and SEMH Training Courses
Session 1: Understanding and Identifying SEMH
• What is SEMH and how does it impact upon the world of education.
Session 2: Anxiety, attachment and disorders associated with SEMH
• Growing numbers of pupils have significant challenges surrounding attachment. Why is this? What can be done to support these challenges in a school setting?
Session 3: Primary Domains of Impairment
• Is this fully understood by all staff within your setting? How does this impact upon pupils and the way in which they present on a day to day basis?
Session 4: Perspectives, Approaches and Strategies
• Which strategies do you use within your setting? Do you want to add to this repertoire of strategies with challenging pupils?
Session 5: SEMH Gap Task Review
• Has the previous 4 sessions had a significant impact upon the behaviour and outcomes for specific pupils? What are the next steps?
Venue: Manor Farm Academy
Session 1- 4th December
Session 2- 2nd February
Session 3- 9th March
Session 4- 4th May
Session 5- 15th June
Cost: £200 + VAT for 5 sessions or £50 for one session
Friday, December 4th 2020
Bookings close: June 15th 2021