Friday, 4th December 2020
Manor Farm Academy
Effective Strategies & Intervention in SEMH is a 5 session training programme, which focuses on four core components of SEMH within education, incorporating a gap task and final evaluation session. Aimed specifically at TA’s and 1:1 Teaching Assistants, enhancing their ability to support challenging pupils to fully meet their needs.
Richard Bell: Specialist Education Support Network provide nurturing education and wellbeing provisions for young people with SEMH alongside Outreach Services and SEMH Training Courses
Session 1: Understanding and Identifying SEMH
• What is SEMH and how does it impact upon the world of education.
Session 2: Anxiety, attachment and disorders associated with SEMH
• Growing numbers of pupils have significant challenges surrounding attachment. Why is this? What can be done to support these challenges in a school setting?
Session 3: Primary Domains of Impairment
• Is this fully understood by all staff within your setting? How does this impact upon pupils and the way in which they present on a day to day basis?
Session 4: Perspectives, Approaches and Strategies
• Which strategies do you use within your setting? Do you want to add to this repertoire of strategies with challenging pupils?
Session 5: SEMH Gap Task Review
• Has the previous 4 sessions had a significant impact upon the behaviour and outcomes for specific pupils? What are the next steps?
Please note that when booking session 1, you will automatically be added to any subsequent sessions. In the instance that you would like to book individual sessions, please select the individual ticket options.
Venue: Manor Farm Academy
Session 1- 4th December
Session 2- 2nd February
Session 3- 9th March
Session 4- 4th May
Session 5- 15th June
Cost: £200 + VAT for 5 sessions or £50 for one session
Friday, December 4th 2020
Bookings close: June 15th 2021