Wednesday, 25th November 2020
Manor Farm Academy
This training focusses on the role of all those with a position of coordinating, supporting a class, group interventions and/or individual children.
Andrew Whitehouse is a specialist in neurological diversity and behaviour and provides interventions for professionals, parents and young people with Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia and related conditions. Andrew has a number of roles including training, both in the UK and overseas, strategies and therapies for education professionals in schools and colleges, observing learners in the learning environment and providing practical solutions to help them achieve their potential, both social and emotional and academic. Andrew delivered a TEDx Talk “From Disability to Superpowers” and has an extensive conference profile. Andrew is also a Forensic SEND Consultant and acts as an expert witness in SEND related court cases.
The aim of this course is to develop knowledge, skills and confidence in teaching and supporting pupils with Social and Emotional Difficulties including anxiety and stress. It highlights:
• Distinctive teaching and support strategies
• Promotes the importance of analysing, planning, and feedback between staff
• Explores ways in which barriers to learning can be reduced • Promotes consistent methods of support including effective placement of 1:1 staff.
• Anxiety and wellbeing for our more needy pupils, how can we help?
• Links with other conditions: ASD, ADHD, Attachment Disorders and related conditions
• Creating realistic emotional and social tasks and targets
• A range of interventions to create effective approaches to situations and avoid anxiety
• Simplify tasks and emotional and social situations
• How to identify potential ‘hotspots’ and intervene to avoid them.
• Understand that all behaviour is communication
• Triggers for anxiety/stress and finding ways to avoid/relieve it
• How to exploit the benefits of visual interventions in order to nurture effective communication
• Strategies and interventions for adapting the sensory environment to meet the social and emotional needs of individuals and groups
PLEASE CAN DELEGATES BRING:
• Any case studies you would like to discuss
• Any successes/less successful strategies you have tried
• Any effective resources you would feel willing to share with other delegates
• Any ideas you may like to discuss/share
Venue: Manor Farm Academy
Date: 25th November
Cost: £120 + VAT
Wednesday, November 25th 2020
Bookings close: November 25th 2020