Thursday, 24th June 2021 at 3:30pm
You have selected too many tickets. Please select N/A or fewer tickets.
What are Professional Forums? Do they Have an Impact?
Professional Forums are offered by L.E.A.D. Equate Teaching School Alliance on a termly basis for all colleagues (Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Administrative, Support and Technical Staff) within the Teaching School and Trust. The forums cover both Core and Foundation subjects as well as support for other leadership roles. The forum is an opportunity to engage and interact with colleagues that work and specialise in a role or subject area like your own.
The Forums will include aspects such as the following although it will be tailored to the needs of the group:
• Subject knowledge enhancement (as directed by the group)
• Curriculum planning, sequencing and coverage
• Inspiration, support and guidance as a leader
• New aspects or resources which have a known impact
• Strategies for supporting staff and colleagues
• The use of the expected vocabulary and progression of vocabulary within each phase
• The practical approaches/ implementation with regards to the teaching of skills/knowledge and concepts
• Approaches to assessment
• Opportunities for sharing best practice
The Format of Foundation Subject Forums
Foundation subject forums will take place online so as to ensure that colleagues are reducing the amount of time spent away from school and the cost of travel expenses. Opening the forums out across the East Midlands, allows people to connect with colleagues and share good practice across a wider network than face to face would allow. The agenda will be set beforehand, determined by the needs of the group, with opportunities for you to ask questions on any topics covered, both in advance and at the Forum. Where colleagues miss being able to attend a forum, a link will be forwarded after the event to enable access to a recording of the meeting for you to listen to when convenient. Face to face meetings can be arranged where appropriate, this will be determined by the respective group where appropriate.
Please note that when booking session 1, you will automatically be added to any subsequent sessions.
Session 1- 26th November
Session 2- 25th March
Session 3- 24th June
Cost: £100 + VAT for 3 sessions or £33 per session
Thursday, June 24th 2021
Bookings close: June 24th 2021