Saturday, 4th December 2021 at 3:00pm
You have selected too many tickets. Please select N/A or fewer tickets.
CAMRA has a number of Tasting Panels around the country and each Panel has input into CAMRA's Good Beer Guide and the Champion Beer of Britain. This session has been designed as an interim training until a face to face training session can be provided.
Places are strictly limited to 6 people and this session is free but it is asked that if you book, that you please attend. CAMRA incurs a cost for each place due to the items that need to be posted to each person. If in doubt, please do not book. You can find the details of the 3 beers you'll need at the bottom of this page.
The details of the training are:
By the end of this session you will be able to:
• State the four basic flavours
• With the help of notes, identify some of the more usual flavours in beer and where they can come from
• With the use of CAMRA's beer style sheets, identify different beer styles
• Demonstrate this knowledge, by filling in CAMRA’s tasting cards including producing descriptions suitable for CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide.
To CAMRA’s guidelines
• How people taste
• Basic tastes
• Flavours found in beer
• How we assess a beer for CAMRA's Champion Beer of Britain competitions
• CAMRA's beer styles
• Tasting Panel Cards
• Writing a beer description
• Tasting of 3 beers
You will need to purchase 3 beers
Participants are asked to purchase the following beers that are generally available from supermarkets. A package of flavours will be sent to you for use during the session.
Session will last about 3 - 3.5 hours
Beer 2: Proper Job
Beer 3: Duvel
Saturday, December 4th 2021
Bookings close: December 3rd 2021
© 2021 LIVE IT Group Ltd, Registered in England, number 08432364 at 3 Enterprise Centre, TN11 8BG
LIVE IT is a technology partner providing ticket fulfilment services and is not an agent for this event or affiliated with its organizers in any way.