Tuesday November 1st – Wednesday November 2nd 2022
– Doors open at 8:45am
LEARN Teaching Centre
You have selected too many tickets. Please select N/A or fewer tickets.
Participants will learn how to:
- Understand the drivers and motivations displayed by individuals who are distressed and may become aggressive and disruptive.
- Build stronger team confidence around supporting behaviour.
- Utilise the tool kit holistic strategies on de-escalation and crisis intervention, including the importance of targeted communication, both verbal and non-verbal
- Understand and know relevant legal standards and exceptions related to the use of force, and of the reporting, recording, monitoring and evaluating requirements of incidents involving physical controls and reasonable force.
-Execute simple and safe positive handling and personal safety techniques; including guiding, escorting and holding in standing, sitting and kneeling positions safely, appropriate for your service setting needs, which focus on maximum care - minimum force
- Improve expertise and confidence in staying safe, competence to carry out simple de-escalation strategies, and applying physical intervention in conjunction with a needs analysis
Tuesday, November 1st 2022
Doors open: 8:45am
Ends: Wednesday, November 2nd 2022 at 3:30pm
Bookings close: October 31st 2022