The home of brighter spirits
Thursday November 21st 2019
Griffiths Brothers Distillery
Welcome to the Terms and Conditions we put these here to make sure we both on the same page and you know what is expected. The overall ethos of Griffiths Brothers Distillery Tours is to make sure we exceed your expectations and you have a fantastic time.
Telephone booking service and in person
We will endeavour to ensure that the information displayed on the website is current and accurate. However, we cannot be held liable for any errors. We reserve the right to change or withdraw the Events on the website without any prior notice. We cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of Event information posted by third parties in print or online.
Upon booking tickets for an Event, you warrant that:
1. you are 18 years old or over
2. all details you have provided for yourself or other guests are correct to the best of your knowledge
3. the total amount for the booking is to be paid for in full five working days prior to the Event not including the day of the Event itself (private group bookings) and at the time of booking for mixed group tours
4. For private group Events a deposit of £50 is required to secure your chosen date if less tha 20 people and £100 is more than 20 people
5. You will abide by these Booking Terms and Conditions.
Conditions of entry to the Event:
1. All Events are subject to availability and may be altered or cancelled at any time. On arrival, you must show the confirmation email for your party or tour or gift vouchers, because proof of payment is required prior to entry to the Distillery.
2. All visitors may be subject to an age check on arrival at the Distillery, so visitors should bring photo identification (‘ID’) to the Distillery. We operate a Challenge 21 policy. If our staff believe or suspect any visitor who wishes to consume alcohol is under 21, that visitor will be asked to produce photo ID. In that event, if you cannot produce valid photo ID, you will not be served and you may be asked to leave the Distillery. Valid photo ID in this case can be a photo driving license (provisional and full) or passport. We cannot accept photos of these documents as proof of ID.
3. We cannot accept any guests under the age of 18.
4. Tour events involve the sampling and consumption of alcohol and as such we would encourage guests to use public transport, taxis or arrange drop offs and pickups where possible. Vehicles cannot be left overnight at Griffiths Brothers Distillery.
Price and payments
1. The price of any Event, will be as quoted on the website www.griffithsbrothers.com. All prices shown are inclusive of VAT. We reserve the right to change the prices of any Event at any time and without prior notice. However, once a booking email has been received by you, the price of that Event will not change.
2. Payments can be made via Stripe or by direct transfer (BACS), details provided with invoice receipt.
3. We accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards, Visa Delta and Maestro debit cards and American Express. By booking an Event, you consent to payment being charged to your credit/debit card. If your card issuer does not authorise payment, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
4. All Events shall be booked and paid for in GBP Sterling.
Cancellations and changes to bookings
1. If we cancel your Event in its entirety, you will be entitled to a full refund for the purchase price of the Event.
2. In the event of total closure, any Events booked on the day of closure will be exchanged or refunded by Griffiths Brothers Distillery at the price paid for them, but no further compensation will be paid.
3. If you do not arrive for an Event, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
4. Tour and gift vouchers cannot be exchanged or refunded for the cash equivalent.
5. A full refund will be given if we receive notification of a cancellation 14 working days prior to the Event not including the day of the Event. After 14 working days no refund will be given. Tickets purchased for a specific date are valid for that date only and cannot be moved to an alternative date unless we are able to re-sell the tickets for the original date.
Private group tour bookings
A private group tour booking is for any number of guests up to a maximum of 40 guests. A fixed fee is payable for the Event regardless of the total number that attend. A deposit of £50 is required to secure an evening tour Event for less than 20 people and a £100 deposit is requires to secure evening tour Event for more than 20 people . Full outstanding payment is required five working days prior to the event not including the day of the event itself. Where a cancellation occurs within 30 days of the Event we reserve the right to retain the deposit if the evening cannot be occupied by another group.
Mixed group tour bookings
A mixed group tour consists of individuals or small groups sharing a specific tour date. We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule an event if the total number of guests is less than 10. Spaces are offered on a first come first served basis. Full payment is required at time of booking.
The above Booking Terms and Conditions, as well as any information contained in the email confirmation provided to you, apply to all bookings for Events at the Distillery. They shall be deemed to commence upon booking ticket(s) for an Event.
AT THE DISTILLERY
Visitors Health and Safety
Distillery staff may draw visitors’ attention to certain Health & Safety procedures, to which visitors must adhere.
While at the Distillery, visitors must observe the following:
1. No smoking other than in the designated smoking area
2. No pets or animals, except for guide dogs and other assistance dogs. We will make reasonable adjustments to the distillery visitor experience to ensure that disabled persons including those with guide dogs and other assistance dogs have a positive experience and, above all else, remain safe. If you are a guide dog assisted person, please contact us in advance highlighting your specific requirements so that we can endeavour to deliver a positive visitor experience.
3. No access to any area of the Distillery other than areas designated for access by Visitors.
4. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the Distillery if their behaviour is considered likely to cause offence or create a nuisance to other visitors or staff.
1. In the interests of safety, visitors may be asked to submit to a search of their person or belongings and anyone refusing to submit or found to be in possession of materials believed by Griffiths Brothers Distillery to be dangerous or unsuitable will be denied entry or removed from the Experience.
2. The cloakroom may be used to store bags and belongings. Griffiths Brothers Distillery accepts no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to any personal belongings brought into the Experience whether stored in the cloakroom or elsewhere.
Flash photography and video recording is can be taken anywhere in the distillery and we hope you post some good footage on social media and we reserve the right to use any of the photos posted on social media for marketing of the distillery.
From time to time Griffiths Brothers Distillery or other authorised third parties may carry out photography or other recording at the Distillery and any images or recordings may feature visitors. Visitors consent to the use of such images by Griffiths Brothers Distillery in connection with advertising, promotions or monitoring and acknowledge that the copyright in such images rests with Griffiths Brothers Distillery and/or any authorised third party.
All spaces within the Griffiths Brothers Distillery are fully accessible, however there could be some restrictions depending on circumstances , so please notify us if you believe there might be an issue.
Visually Impaired Assistance
1. No pets or animals can enter the distillery, except for guide dogs and other assistance dogs. We will make reasonable adjustments to the distillery visitor experience to ensure that disabled persons including those with guide dogs and other assistance dogs have a positive experience and, above all else, remain safe.
2. If you are a guide dog assisted person, please contact us in advance highlighting your specific requirements so that we can endeavour to deliver a positive visitor experience.
3. Please note that the lighting levels within some of the rooms are low and in others which have windows extremely bright.
The Distillery operates a Free Carers Policy, whereby it offers a free carer ticket to any customer who requires essential assistance to visit our Distillery. Carers who have received a free carer ticket are not entitled to a complimentary cocktail at the end of the experience, but can purchase additional cocktails if they wish.
We also reserve the right to refuse to process a transaction for any reason.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected.
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between you and us and supersede any previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions.
Any contract between you and us pursuant to these terms and conditions will be binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
You may not transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of any such contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under such a contract, without our prior written consent.
Privacy & COOKIES POLICY
Griffiths Brothers understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Information About Us
Griffiths Brothers Distillery Ltd is a limited company registered in England under company number 10171197.
Registered & main trading address:
Griffiths Brothers Distillery Ltd
Unit 8, Penn Street Works
Buckinghamshire HP7 0PX
Data Protection Officer: Alex Griffiths
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 01494 713955
Postal address: Griffiths Brothers Distillery Ltd, Unit 8, Penn Street Works, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP7 0PX
2. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
4. What Are My Rights?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
a) The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 12.
b) The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
c) The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 12 to find out more.
d) The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we hold. Please contact us using the details in Part 12 to find out more.
e) The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
f) The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
g) The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
h) The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
i) Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
j) For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 12.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data we hold about you changes, please keep us informed as long as we have that data.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns ourselves, however, so please contact us first, using the details in Part 12.
5. What Personal Data Do You Collect and How?
If you buy from us or sign up to our email list, we may collect and hold some or all of the data listed below. We do not collect any ‘special category’ or ‘sensitive’ personal data.
· Identity & Contact information including name, address and email
· Payment information including card details and bank account numbers
· Profile information including your purchase history
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. Any data we collect from you is used to either, process or deliver your order or to communicate with you regarding your order. We will only use your personal data for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected.
If you have opted in to our email list, we may use your email address for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, text message or post with information, news, and offers on our products. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam and will always be able to opt out at any time.
circumstances, where permitted or required by law, we may process your personal
data without your knowledge or consent. This will only be done within the
bounds of the Data Protection Legislation and your legal rights.
7. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We keep your information on our databases until you ask us to delete it or for as long as it is relevant. That means we will delete it if you have not interacted with us for a while and we believe you have no intention of doing so in the future.
The exact time period for this is kept under constant review.
8. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store your personal data within the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the Data Protection Legislation.
The security of your personal data is essential to us, and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
· limiting access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties with a legitimate need to know and ensuring that they are subject to duties of confidentiality;
procedures for dealing with data breaches (the
accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure
of, or access to, your personal data) including notifying you and/or the
Information Commissioner’s Office where we are legally required to do so;
9. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may share your personal data under the following circumstances:
· In carrying out our business, including our obligations to you, we may share your Information with other trusted third-party service providers, such as our payment service providers, our couriers, email broadcasters and marketing agencies. Such providers are required under their data processing agreements with us, to handle your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws and principles related to privacy and data protection. In all instances, we share only the minimum information required.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally
required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are
involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order,
or the instructions of a government authority.
10. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 12.
We will respond to your subject access request within 28 days. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
What Are Cookies and How Do You Use Them?
Some cookies are fundamental to the operation of the site, allowing you to navigate your way through it, add products to your basket and to purchase them. Cookies help to ensure the security of our site – and your account. . We also use them to help us do things like remind you that you have items in your basket or to deliver relevant adverts to you.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you other than the date you choose to share with us. You can remove cookies by changing your browser settings but please be aware that if you do, some features of our site may not be available to you.
For more information on cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org. If
email or postal addresses shown in Part 12.
12. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01494 713955.
The Data Protection Officer, Griffiths Brothers Distillery Ltd, Unit 8, Penn
Street Works, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP7 0PX
Any changes will be made available on our website, www.griffithsbrothers.com.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales and you can bring legal proceedings in relation to the agreement between us in the courts of England and Wales. If you live in Scotland you may alternatively bring legal proceedings in the Scottish courts and if you live in Northern Ireland you may alternatively bring legal proceedings in the Northern Irish courts.