Leading Geography under the New Framework
Monday, 19th April 2021
Manor Farm Academy
Discover simple but effective strategies to support children’s development as Geographers in this engaging, practical CPD course.
Raising Attainment in Geography provides an overview of the knowledge and skills that children need to become successful Geographers. This powerful one-day CPD course examines this key Foundation subject, demonstrating how to support all children to develop skills, knowledge, curiosity and a depth of understanding. You will discover a range of proven strategies that can engage children in Geography, empowering them to ask and answer complex Geographical questions.
Explore how you can develop pupils’ love of the subject, drawing on other subjects but also informing them - without compromising on standards. Explore ways to build a unique but successful Geography curriculum that conforms to Ofsted’s new framework.
• Embed vocabulary
• Bring your curriculum in line with Ofsted principals
• Explore progression and ‘Greater Depth’ in Geography
• Practical approaches
By attending this exciting new course, you will:
• Understand how Geography might fit into Ofsted’s new framework for a ‘broad and balanced’ curriculum.
• Find out how to use Geography to inform other curriculum areas without lowering your standards in this key Foundation subject.
• Discover a range of proven strategies that can engage children in Geography, empowering them to ask and answer complex Geographical questions.
• Unpick the concept of ‘Greater Depth’ in Geography.
Venue: Manor Farm Academy
Date: 19th April
COST: £100 + VAT
Monday, April 19th 2021
Bookings close: April 19th 2021