Friday June 10th – Sunday June 12th 2022
St Helier Marina and surrounding area
Thank you for your interest in this year’s Barclays Jersey Boat Show. As an off Island exhibitor, we have been working together with the Jersey Customs and Immigration department to ensure a smooth entry for all exhibitors as they arrive into the Port of Jersey.
We have agreed the below process with Jersey Customs which will ensure you receive temporary import relief of GST on the goods that you are exhibiting. The 5% GST will be charged on the total stock value and not the retail value of the goods being brought to Jersey. Please note that no GST will be required on boats.
Please follow the below steps to make a pre-arrival declaration on your goods.
Jersey Customs require you to complete your pre-arrival declaration no later than 10 days before your arrivalinto the Island. Please note if you do not complete this you will be contacted directly by Jersey Customs.
Instruction for making a “Pre-arrival” declaration and claiming “Temporary Import Relief” of GST:
1. Go to Jersey Customs’ CAESAR web site www.customs.gst.gov.je
2. Click on “Create an account”
3. Log in to the account
4. Go to top left corner to and click on the tab marked “Declarations”
5. Click on “Create a pre arrival declaration”
6. Click on “ Create Goods Declaration”
7. Under heading of “Relief of GST on Imported goods”click on “Temporary Import Other”
8. Complete the declaration at the end of which CAESAR will calculate the GST chargeable on the value of the goods. You will be required to pay the GST as security. (Customs will review the claim for relief, which is then subject to Customs authorisation).
9. After the Jersey Boat Show you will receive an email reminding you to log on to your account and declare any exported goods, which should be done within 3 days of departing Jersey. You will need to declare the value of the goods that left Jersey to begin the refund process, Caesar will then calculate the refund subject to authorisation by Jersey Customs. To assist the authorisation process please also supply Jersey Customs with a list of sales and a list of returning items.
Please also be aware GST is also due on any marketing collateral such as leaflets and free giveaways etc. Which will all be distributed and remain on the island, even if they are not goods to be sold.
Please note that if you do not comply with this process you could find yourself delayed at Elizabeth Terminal until the GST position is resolved.
Should you have any further queries and wish to speak directly with an officer at Jersey Customs please contact them on +44 (0)1534 448028 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Barclays Jersey Boat Show Team