Tuesday, 21st June 2022
Tankerton Slopes Lifeguard Hut
Open water is a fantastic experience, but it does come with its risks.
Please read and abide by our terms and conditions below:
• Minor cuts and abrasions must be covered up with a plaster. If you have any deep cuts you must not swim.
• Do not swim if you are unwell.
• Do not swim if you are taking medication which may affect your ability to swim safely.
• If you are unwell after open water swimming and suffering with flu-like symptoms or headaches please see your GP ASAP and inform them you have been swimming in open water.
• Try not to ingest any water while swimming in open water.
• Do not eat after open water swimming until you have washed your hands in fresh water.
• It is compulsory to wear brightly coloured swim hats in the sea so you can clearly be seen in the water, (NO HAT, NO SWIM).
• Wetsuits are mandatory if the water temperature is under 15 degrees Celsius, (unless you are a cross channel swimmer or have completed the NOWCA online cold water swimming course) .
• Above 15 degrees it is still recommended you wear a wetsuit especially if you are a novice open water swimmer or not accustom to swimming in cold water.
• NOTE- Swim tow floats are compulsory if you swim without a wetsuit on.
• You must check in with the open water instructor on arrival and check out directly after exciting the water.
• Please swim in groups or pairs for you own safety.
• Please be alert to the environment and other swimmers around you and make the instructor aware of any concerns you may have or if you see other swimmers in distress.
• It is your responsibility to check the instructor has your emergency contact details.
• Back stroke is not permitted at any time during the session.
• You must have attended the initial pool based stroke assessment session prior to undertaking the sea based session.
© 2024 LIVE IT Group Ltd, Registered in England & Wales, number 08432364 at 7 Bell Yard, London WC2A 2JR
LIVE IT is a technology partner providing ticket fulfilment services and is not an agent for this event or affiliated with its organizers in any way.