If you are planning on competing, be sure to take note of the event schedule (read on further for this), and the all-important rules for the MTB races. Follow this link here to visit our dedicated page that walks you through the rules, course details, equipment needed, etc. Do read this so you are absolutely clear on what to bring along and the mountain bike specific rules.
Note that mountain bikes will be on loan from the Mechanics, however please note that there is a limited stock so if you do borrow a club bike, you will need to return it ASAP after your race. There is no charge for those being used for Club Champs events.
Participant Code of Conduct
- All riders are expected to pay attention to and follow the Club Officials’ instructions during the session at all times. Any form of disrespect or refusal to do so may result in being asked to leave the session.
- As a reminder, this is a Club Session and all Members taking part are representing Slipstreamers – please read the Rider Code of Conduct to ensure you know what is expected of you. If you are joining us as a guest rider from a sister club, your relevant Club Code of Conduct applies.
- Parents/ Guardians of riders are very welcome to stay and watch as usual, however we would also remind you that this is a Club Session and as such the relevant Parent/ Guardian Code of Conduct applies. We appreciate your support in letting the Coaches get on with the business of coaching, and not interfering in this process.
- Please be sure to also heed the velodrome rules before you arrive – you can find these on the website.
- All riders must sign on – registration details will be provided in advance.
- Under no circumstances is a member to go on the circuit without permission from the Coaches.
- All participants MUST wear a helmet and gloves.
- Not eating or drinking properly before and after a race causes fatigue and dehydration that can be easily avoided! So be sure to eat a proper meal before you leave home, pack a few energy snacks such as a flapjack, a banana or a granola bar; and make sure you have plenty of water!
NOTE: BY BOOKING A PLACE YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU (MEMBER & PARENT) AGREE TO THE ABOVE.